Work this summer as a Visionwest Home Healthcare Support Worker!
Become a part of a team that is committed to providing quality in-home care to clients and their families, in a fixed term capacity or on a permanent basis.
What do our Support Workers do?
We are seeking energetic, caring, committed and empathetic people.
Our Support Workers assist clients to live as independently as possible by giving support with a range of tasks, including:
- Household tasks – cleaning, vacuuming and laundry.
- Personal care – showering, toileting and dressing.
- Mobility assistance – assisting clients’ mobility with walking frames and manual handling.
- Meal Preparation.
- Medication oversight.
Requirements for the role. You must:
- Reside in the regions where our clients are: Tauranga, Rotorua and Lakes, Waikato, West Auckland and North Shore.
- Have a restricted or full driver’s licence.
- Have a reliable car.
- Be eligible to work in New Zealand.
- Reliable transport.
- Be fully vaccinated including the booster shot (in accordance with current legislation).
Who is Visionwest?
Visionwest is a charitable community trust with a BIG vision: to end homelessness, reduce poverty, support the elderly, and ensure young people have hope for the future.
Delivering on this big vision involves a deep understanding of the small details that make a difference.
Living at home, surrounded by your own possessions, is a comfort that everyone values. But sometimes this can become difficult. Special needs that can come with injury, ill health, disability, or advancing age can make it harder for people to maintain their independence.
This need is at the core of Home Healthcare’s Mission:
‘Together; preserving independence, dignity and quality of life for people living at home requiring support.’ Assisting the aged, or those with ill health or disabilities, to live independently in their communities is central to Visionwest Community Trust’s mission and the core work of Home Healthcare.
If you would like to speak to someone regarding our summer support worker roles, please call – 0800 897 866 and select from these regions: Auckland – Option 1, Waikato – Option 2, Bay of Plenty – Option 3.