Work this summer as a Visionwest Home Healthcare Support Worker!
Become one of the summer team who are committed to working locally with our clients and their families to provide quality in-home healthcare!
What do our Support Workers do?
We are currently looking for energetic, caring, committed and empathetic people to provide quality in-home support to our clients.
Our Support Workers assist clients to live as independently as possible by giving support with a range of tasks, including:
- Household tasks – cleaning, vacuuming, laundry, etc.
- Meal Preparation
- Personal care – showering, toileting, dressing, etc.
- Community living – shopping, exercise, etc.
- Mobility assistance – assisting clients’ mobility with walking frames, hoists, etc.
Requirements for the role
- Good health and fitness
- Ability to establish a rapport with individual clients and to relate to their families/whānau.
- Good oral and communication skills.
- Good time management.
- Reliable transport.
- A clean, current New Zealand driver’s license.
- Mobile phone.
Who is Visionwest?
Visionwest is a charitable community trust with a BIG vision: to end homelessness, reduce poverty, support the elderly, and ensure young people have hope for the future.
Delivering on this big vision involves a deep understanding of the small details that make a difference.
Living at home, surrounded by your own possessions, is a comfort that everyone values. But sometimes this can become difficult. Special needs that can come with injury, ill health, disability, or advancing age can make it harder for people to maintain their independence.
This need is at the core of Home Healthcare’s Mission:
‘Together; preserving independence, dignity and quality of life for people living at home requiring support.’ Assisting the aged, or those with ill health or disabilities, to live independently in their communities is central to Visionwest Community Trust’s mission and the core work of Home Healthcare.