Visionwest Community Trust
Visionwest Community Trust is committed to protecting your privacy and complying with our legal obligations, including the Privacy Act 2020. This privacy statement explains how Visionwest Community Trust collects, stores, uses and shares your personal information.
At Visionwest, we offer a wide range of services which require us to collect, store, use and share personal information differently, depending on the service. For this reason, we have created privacy statements for each of these services and functions which explain what personal information we collect and how we use it.
Here are a few important privacy points that apply to all our services and functions:
- We only collect personal information that is necessary for us to provide our lawful services and functions.
- We try to collect personal information directly from you, but sometimes we will collect information from third parties (such as the agency that referred you to us). We may also generate personal information about you as we provide our services.
- We make reasonable efforts to make sure your information is accurate. Please update us if your personal information changes.
- We will only use and share personal information:
- when necessary to carry out the functions for which we collected it,
- when we have your consent, or
- when required or permitted by law.
- We use third party providers to store and process our data. This means that the personal information we hold may be transferred to, or accessed from, countries other than New Zealand.
- We take all reasonable steps to ensure the personal information we collect is protected against loss, unauthorised access or disclosure, and misuse.
- Your rights:
- It is your right to access the personal information we hold about you and to ask to correct that information. You can do this by contacting our Privacy Officer.
- In some cases, the law permits us to refuse your request to access or correct your personal information.
- You can complain to the Office of the Privacy Commission if you think we have violated your privacy rights.
The Visionwest Privacy Officer can be reached at:
Visionwest Community Trust
PO Box 20406
The Office of the Privacy Commissioner’s contact details can be found here
Marketing & Partnerships Privacy Statement
Your privacy is important to us and as a community organisation, we are committed to protecting the personal information we collect and to use. To read our organisation wide privacy statement click here.
This privacy statement sets out how we collect, hold, and use information about you in relation to Visionwest’s Marketing and Partnerships department. By using our websites, donating online, taking part in an event, or signing up to a campaign, newsletter or other communication you consent to our use of your personal information in accordance with this statement.
What personal information do we collect?
We collect the personal information you give to us when you fill in data fields and forms and submit that information to us while using our websites. This information can include your name, address, contact number(s), email address and any other personal information you provide. If you make an online donation, we will collect information about donation dates and amounts so we can issue a receipt.
We may also collect website usage information through tracking your individual click behaviour; and aggregated website traffic information collected by our web server or third-party systems we subscribe to.
How personal information is used
Your personal information enables us to register you for campaigns or events, communicate with you, and provide you with a personalised, online fundraising forms. It also allows us to process donations accurately and securely.
We use Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard compliant hosted payment services to process payment card transactions. We do not collect or store your payment card details. Your payment card details will only be collected and held securely by our third-party payment processor.
We may use your personal information to communicate with you on matters relevant to your participation in campaigns or events, your fundraising, your donation, your communication preferences and, from time-to-time, provide you with information about Visionwest that may be of interest to you.
Your personal information will also allow us to provide you with any other information or services you have requested or for any other purposes for which you have given us your permission.
Managing your preferences
From time to time, Visionwest will send you communications that we feel are appropriate to the nature of your relationship with us, for example: fundraising tips and tricks, information about events and campaigns you are participating in, information about the impact of your support, other opportunities to take part in fundraising or updates on campaigns.
Every electronic communication we send to you will have the option for you to unsubscribe so please use this option if you do not want to receive further communication from us.
Alternatively please feel free to get in touch at any time to manage the communications we send. You can email: email@example.com or phone 09 818 0700 and ask to speak to someone from the fundraising team.
Your privacy rights
If you would like to see, or request correction, of any personal information we hold about you, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Privacy Officer, Visionwest Community Trust, PO Box 20406, Glen Eden, Auckland 0641.