Contact us

Get Help


Home Healthcare icon 01 - Visionwest





Visionwest provides quality in-home healthcare for the elderly and those with disabilities. This page contains some of the commonly asked questions relating to the support services we provide and funding relating to those services.

What regions do Visionwest work in?

We provide home healthcare services throughout West Auckland, the North Shore and North Auckland, Waikato, Coromandel, Bay of Plenty, and the Rotorua Lakes district. To find out if support is available in your area, go to our Contact Us page.

Who pays for my home help?

Many people requesting in-home support will have the cost funded by the Government. Funding may come from:

  • Your local DHB.
  • ACC.
  • The Ministry of Health.

Those who do not qualify for government funding are able to pay for their own care through our private care service.

How do I get home help, and do I qualify?

Home-based healthcare and support is arranged through your District Health Board (DHB). To qualify for DHB-funded in-home support, you must:

  • Be a New Zealand citizen or resident who is eligible for publicly funded health or disability services.
  • Complete a needs assessment. You can refer yourself to a DHB’s Needs Assessment Service Coordination (NASC) agency to be assessed for support services (or someone else can refer you, with your consent).
How do I apply for home help?

An application for home support begins with a Needs Assessment. You can arrange for this yourself or ask your GP or recommend you.

Click here to go to the Needs Assessment and Service Coordination Association website to find your nearest NASCA.

What certification does Visionwest Home Healthcare have?

Visionwest Home Healthcare is certified by BSI Group to the New Zealand Home and Community Support Sector standard 8158:2012.
This BSI certification demonstrates our continual commitment to quality of care.

Individualised Funding

What is Individualised Funding?

Individualised Funding provides disabled people with a way of directly managing their disability supports. It means you can choose who your support provider is and how they deliver your supports.

How does Individualised Funding work?

Ask your medical provider (e.g., your GP) to arrange a meeting with your local Needs Assessment and Service Coordination Association (NASCA) service. They will complete a Needs Assessment to assess your essential needs and natural supports available to you. If you qualify for Individualised Funding, they will discuss your needs and work with you to develop a Support Plan. Your whānau can have input into this planning stage.

NASC will then inform you of the Host Organisations in your area so you can make a decision on who your care provider will be. Once you have made that decision, your details will be passed onto your chosen Host organisation.

When your Individualised Funding is set up, you will be allocated a set number of service hours per week. These hours will be identified as Core and Flexi hours and the value of the hours will cover your Support Worker’s hourly rate, any other expenses that you choose, and the services you purchase from your Host Organisation.

There may be other conditions which will be explained to you as part of the assessment process, for instance, you cannot employ a family member who lives in your home.

How do I access Individualised Funding?

Visionwest Home Healthcare is an Individualised Funding host organisation. Under the Individualised Funding Scheme, a Visionwest Support Coordinator will discuss your support needs and expectations and help you create a care plan you feel comfortable with and that meets your requirements.



Our brochure gives a snapshot of the services and care we provide.

Flora’s Story – Independence at 100 Years Old

Flora’s Story – Independence at 100 Years Old

I’m 100 years old. I used to be a nurse then, once my family grew old up, I was in hospital administration. Thanks to Visionwest, I’m still in my own unit. It makes me feel so good to still have...