Visionwest Ōhinga Tū provides a variety of youth mentoring, employment and training programmes.
Boost your training with programmes that include NZQA credits to get you set on a path to a brighter future.
About Visionwest Youth Solutions
Youth Solutions delivers it’s programmes through a strong training and development ethos. It operates as part of Visionwest’s Private Training Establishment (PTE), which enables it to offer certified qualifications under the standards of NZQA. It also lives within a strengths-based youth development framework, abiding by the principles of the Youth Development Strategy of Aotearoa (YDSA). The YDSA is underpinned by the following principles that shape the youth development approach:
1. Youth development is shaped by the “big picture”.
2. Youth development is about young people being connected.
3. Youth development is based on a consistent strengths-based approach.
4. Youth development happens through quality relationships.
5. Youth development is triggered when young people fully participate.
6. Youth development needs good information.
Employment and Education
Visionwest’s Employment and Education department focuses on preparing whānau of all ages for employment.
- Intensive Literacy and Numeracy.
- A distance New Zealand Certificate in Adult Literacy and Numeracy Education (NZCALNE) course is available.