COVID Alert Levels 2 and 3
Outside of Auckland support services are operating under Alert Level 2.
Within Auckland and parts of the Waikato support services are operating under Alert Level 3 – see information below.
NOTE: Auckland offices are closed to visitors except for Home Healthcare Support Workers coming to collect PPE.
Under COVID Alert Level 2 and 3, Visionwest Services will operate as follows:
If you have a need or enquiry that is not answered below, please phone our Whānau Centre, 09 818 0781.
Pātaka Kai – Food Support
Visionwest Pātaka Kai is now operating throughout West Auckland using a delivery model. That means, you can order emergency food support and we will deliver it to your home.
To order food, you can either:
PHONE 09 818 0781.
Please be patient. Our team is working as fast as they can, but we are experiencing an unprecedented demand for food.
EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org. When emailing, please supply:
• Your name.
• Your phone number.
• Your full address, including postcode.
• The number of people in your household.
• The reason behind your food need, e.g. health issues, financial pressure, self-isolating etc.
• The predominant ethnicity of your household (because we are interested in identifying the Kiwis who are most affected by food needs during lockdown).
We will email you back to confirm – please be patient while you wait for a response. If you are eligible for food support, we will deliver on Wednesdays or Fridays.
PLEASE NOTE: you will have to phone every time you need food support – we cannot supply regular weekly orders.
During the COVID Alert Level 3 lockdown, we are unable to accept donations of food from members of the public. We will let you know when we are able to accept food donations again.
In the meantime, if you would like to support Visonwest’s work as we reach out to the vulnerable in our communities please CLICK HERE.
FOR NEW HOUSING ENQUIRIES
If you have an urgent housing enquiry: Phone 027 808 9222.
• This number will be manned 8.30am – 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.
• If you call outside of hours, or can’t get through, please leave a message.
FOR EXISTING HOUSING WHĀNAU:
The following changes have been made to keep you and your whānau safe. These are effective immediately:
• Your Support Navigator will connect with you via phone and text messages instead of visiting you face-to-face.
• If you have any issues with your property, contact your Tenancy Manager by phone, text or email.
• If you need tenancy support afterhours or in the weekend, contact our call centre: Phone 0800 664 464.
If you have an appointment scheduled, your counsellor will contact you with the option of doing this by online video or phone call.
If you are not currently a client but would like to book a counselling session:
1. Either phone 818 0760 or email email@example.com
2. Tell us your name, phone number and email (if possible). Please also indicate how you would prefer to engage in your counselling session: phone, or online (Skype, Microsoft Teams, Facebook Messenger etc.) The Counselling Team’s preferred platform is Microsoft Teams as it is more secure. Please ensure that you have downloaded the relevant app to your phone or computer so that you are ready to go.
3. We will be in touch to discuss more details.
4. You will be allocated to the first available and most suitable counsellor.
Mātanga Oranga – Kaupapa Māori Trauma-Informed Care Centre
If you have an appointment scheduled, you will be contacted with the option of doing this by online video or phone call.
Your course facilitator will be in touch to tell you about your course. Online options for training may be provided.
Pae Aronui – support for rangatahi
If you are part of the Pae Aronui programme your Kaiārahi Rangatahi will be in contact with you.
For other rangatahi needing support, our team are available to kōrero – especially if you are not enrolled in school, training or employment – but others are also welcome.
Please contact the Whānau Centre 09 818 0781 and ask to be referred to Pae Aronui.
Eden Cottage – Early Learning and Care
Eden Cottage is CLOSED.
Whānau, please check email and Storypark for more details.
All enquiries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
At this point in time, the Auckland team will continue to provide essential Personal Care support throughout Alert Level 3 as we did in Alert Level 4. Home management services deemed non-essential, that have been put on hold, will remain on hold unless reviewed and deemed essential.
Our Support Workers will wear appropriate PPE and take all appropriate health precautions. If you do NOT want a visit from your Support Worker, please phone the Home Healthcare office to cancel – 0800 222 040.
Are you eligible for a financial payment or benefit additional support?
You and your whānau may be entitled to financial payments from the Government. These include food grants, benefits, and other financial supports.
These payments are given through the Ministry of Social Development NZ (MSD) and WINZ. If you are finding it tough going at the moment, contact MSD or visit https://check.msd.govt.nz/ to find out if you’re eligible for financial assistance.
For more information, go to the MDS website, www.msd.govt.nz or phone 0800 559 009.
Please remember to wash your hands and to be kind to each other as we work through this challenging time together.
Kia maumahara te horoi ō ringaringa, a, ka mahi tātou ki tēnei wā uaua kia atawhai atu tātou ki a tātou.
Me noho haumaru, Me whakaora i ngā tangata, Me whakamutua te mate.
Stay safe, Save lives, Stop the virus.