NZ Certificate in Adult Literacy and Numeracy Education
Everything you need to train others in Adult Literacy and Numeracy Education.
We provide full training in the New Zealand Certificate in Adult Literacy and Numeracy Education (Vocational/Workplace) – Level 5.
About The Programme
This programme is for anyone who wants to work as a vocational or workplace educator and trainer and is essential for those working with foundation students at Levels 1 and 2.
NZCALNE (Level 5) is a 40-week extramural course of study towards a professional qualification. The course adds to the skills of adult educators to develop the literacy and numeracy skills of learners in the context of a training/education programme.
The NZCALNE qualification is particularly relevant for existing practitioners who are recognised as adult educators in their own field.
NZCALNE graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of literacy and numeracy education in Aotearoa New Zealand.
- Identify literacy and numeracy demands of their workplace training/education programme.
- Create a learner-centred teaching environment that considers the diverse backgrounds of their learners.
- Embed literacy and numeracy skills development into their programme based on learner need.
- Verified copy of prior learning record (NZQA ROL) – Relevant Level 4 qualification or above or US 4098.
- Letter of endorsement from your employer stating learner competency if applicable.
- You will need to be involved in training and have access to at least two adult learners, either in a workplace, community-based organisation or by distance learning. This means, you are able to train adult learners towards a specific skill or that you are involved in on-the-job training.
To confirm you meet the on-the-job requirements of the programme, as part of the enrolment process, you will be asked to provide details of your employment in adult education or workplace training.
This course is free for those with New Zealand Citizenship or Permanent Residence.
Delivery is 100% online so you will need access to a computer or device. Assessments are submitted online, and basic word processing skills are required.
Learners are supported through face-to-face sessions, telephone/email support and/or online collaboration. This support is based on each participant’s needs.
If you have any questions about the course structure or content, please contact us before applying to enrol.
To enrol for NZCALNE please complete and submit form.